There is a totally different level of pride, perhaps the best kind, that I feel when I call myself Bhutanese. It is a beautiful feeling one gets when one thinks about the best thing in life. It makes us feel most fortunate. I could actually even write an epic about how grateful I am to be born in a paradise like Bhutan, and it still might not suffice. Growing up in a place where I could go outside every morning, spread my arms wide open and breathe the fresh air is a gift in itself. Such is the joy of being a Bhutanese; one is merely thankful to the Triple Gem for every little thing in life, from being able to wake up in the morning to a brand-new day. Life is simple, glad and happy in Bhutan. There is more giving with love and compassion than wanting to acquire and own for selfish reasons. Living in a country where everybody knows everybody else like we are a one big family is something rare and truly Bhutanese. To the world at large today, Bhuta...
Comments
Post a Comment